Friday, December 7, 2007


















Okay, so I have been putting off this blog for about 3 months now, but I think I have it all figured out so I really will try and keep up with some more regular posts. Here is our family picture from last year. It is the best one we have, and we decided not to get one this year until after the twins are born. (When you are 8 months pregnant with twins, you don't really feel like getting your picture taken for friends and family to see.) I will try and give you a quick update on the past few months:



I am, as of today, 32 weeks along in this pregnancy. It has been quite a different experience than when I was pregnant with Parker, that is for sure! I don't do much, try and take it easy as much as possible, but it seems to be paying off. I am doing much better than my doctor had hoped, I am not on official bedrest yet, and the babies are both right about 4 pounds right now (feels more like 10 pounds each!). If I can make it a few more weeks so they can get to 5 pounds, that would be great. Right now the goal is to make it to 34 weeks, and we will see from there. Making it to 32 is a great milestone, especially with no major complications. My 35th week is the week of Christmas, and my other goal is NOT to be in the hospital on Christmas day. I guess we'll see. I wish I had more exciting things to post about me, but this has really consumed my life for the past few months. I stopped doing any interior design consulting back in November, and took leave from my "fun" jobs at The Gap and teaching Step classes at World Gym. Hopefully I will be able to start back with some of that next year.

Josh is still doing great, he has become very good at doing all the things I can't do right now, plus work full time and serve as the elders quorum president of our ward at church. I don't see how he has time to do it all, and still have time to watch every college football game, and keep up with BYU and Jazz basketball. (See, men really CAN multi-task when they want to, especially if it means watching up to 4 games at the same time!) I am so thankful for all he is doing for our family right now!

Parker is turning into such a "big boy", I can't believe it! I guess he has to grow up somehwat to make room in our family for two more babies, but he is still and always will be my baby boy! He turned two on September 29th, and had a fun "friend" party to celebrate. He is very into trains, so he got a new Thomas the Train and train table. In October we enrolled him in a Mother's Day Out Program at the Church Of Christ in Bentonville. He goes on Mondays and Thursdays from 9am-1 pm. He gets so excited when he wakes up and we tell him he gets to go to "school!" (I wonder how long that will last?!). He loves his friends and teachers there, and although it is a nice break for me, I really miss him when he is gone! Here he is on his first day of "school." What a cutie!






Halloween was great for him this year, too. He had fun trick -or-treating around the neighborhood to a few houses, but I think he had even more fun at home when the trick-or-treaters came to our house. He would yell, "DOOR, DOOR, GET THE DOOR!!" to make sure we knew someone had rung the bell. Here he is with Josh in his chicken costume (Yes, chicken costume, I fugured this was the last year that he wouldn't have an opinion about what he wanted to be, so I chose the chicken!):


We can't believe that Thanksgiving has also come and gone, and that Christmas (and babies) are only a few weeks away. Parker still says "No" when we ask him if he wants to have babies here at our house, but hopefully he will have a change of heart when he finally gets to meet them. Right now, since I am quite limited in my "playing" abilities, if I can't do something with him, he says, "Mommy, babies are in the way!" or better yet, "Mommy, too fat!" :)

I will try and post again in the coming weeks and stay up to date. We will definitely post pictures of the babies and of Christmas, too! Happy Holidays to all!!






























2 comments:

michelle manning said...

You are just so funny! Even though we see you seven days a week, it is still fun to read your blog! One funny side note - I was reading your first entry out loud to Benn and when you referenced that Parker hadn't turned two yet I realized that it was an old post. I commented on this to Benn and he said, "Yeah it was back in September." I asked him how he knew when Parker's b-day was, and he hesitated before telling me it was because of the two BYU games you spoke about in the previous paragraph. I guess those boys can remember things - when they really want to!

Beth said...

YAY! I'm excited to read this!