Sunday, December 16, 2007

Bedrest....

SO, this past week was a little more eventful than we would have liked, but all is well. I went in for my scheduled doctor's appointment on Wednesday afternoon and was surprised with the news that I was starting to dialate and was having contractions every 2-3 minutes (who knew?!). My doctor sent me up to labor and delivery and put me on an IV drip of magnesium to try and slow/stop the contractions. If anyone is familiar with this drug, it pretty much relaxes ALL muscles in your body (including eyes, I couldn't even focus very well!) I stayed in the hospital until Friday, when they took me off the mag to see if I was okay on my own. In the 2 days I was there, I didn't progress any further, the contractions were slowed, and the babies actually were not pressing down as hard as they had been when I came in. So, here I am back at home...on bedrest.
I have not been looking forward to this part of the pregnancy, although I have known it would probably happen sooner or later. In fact, I am pretty lucky that it has happened much later than we originally thought. I will be 34 weeks on Friday, and when I was at the hospital, both babies were measuring at 4 1/2 pounds, which is great. From here we just wait and see how long my body will last! It could be 2 days, it could be 2 weeks. Who knows? It was kind of weird to be in the hospital and leave without delivering any babies, but I know the longer they stay in, the better. I am pretty bored, and realizing how hard it is to actually stay off my feet, but of course, I am really blessed with a fabulous husband who is doing SO much extra work, and not getting mad when when I tell him exactly how I want things done around here! :) Parker is having fun staying with friends a little more than usual, and we have had so many firends offer to help which we are so grateful for!
So, that is the latest! We will keep you updated on what happens over the next few weeks. I hope everyone is having a great holiday season, and I apologize for no Christmas cards this year, but you'll be getting a birth announcement in the near future to make up for it! Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

Leah said...

Oh bedrest, I am sorry that is no fun. But, now you can blog like three or four times a day. Hang in there baby.

Beth said...

It was fun talking to you tonight. Just wait until you have the babies, and then you'll think, "Oh, I wish I had time to rest!" :) Love ya.

The Millers said...

stay off your feet! sorry we aren't closer so we could help with Parker.

lindsay said...

WOW! jenni I had no idea you were pregnant! I'm so exited for you. I wish I could do something to help too. Parker is HUGE! When I saw him last I think he was only 2 weeks old and now he's 2. I wish you could spread the rest around a little. Rest a little now and then when you need a nap after the twins are born you could say 'oh bedrest calls - see ya!' check out our blog if you want or have time. paulandlindsay.blogspot.com
good to hear from you!

Lindsey S. said...

I'm glad you got to go home. I've been trying to talk my Dad into flying me out there with my Mom but I don't think its working. Tell Josh he may need to talk him into it for me! haha We miss you guys ton. It was so much fun to see your pictures in our 2007 family video. We'll send you a copy sometime soon. We are fixing a few things about it, so it may be a little while, but we will get it to you guys. We love you guys and miss you tons!! I hope to see you soon!